Saturday, August 26, 2006

The world's best lightbulb joke

Okay...I just heard an ESPN sportscaster refer to the 'teachable moment'--which one of my colleagues broke out the eduspeak lexicon, because I thought that crap was supposed to be a secret...

That being said--my daughter has a soccer tournament this weekend, which means our house is going to be a black-matter vortex of accretion for another week...oh, well, I may have time to go grocery shopping, which means the claw machine and I'm happy. Babetta's is also having a sale on Labor Day--there may be light at the end of that tunnel--I haven't bought yarn in almost two weeks! *sob*.

And now, the entire reason for this absurdly short post. For those of us who follow the Yarn Harlot, she had a giddy post this last July when she told her favorite lightbulb joke and what followed was a deluge of every bad lightbulb/knock-knock/whaddyaget joke known to man...I was telling bad jokes for WEEKS! And now, my oldest daughter just told my all time favorite lightbulb joke--she made it up herself tonight:

How many babies does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

None--because when they smile the world lights up around them.

I'm gonna post that on my whiteboard this week--it'll keep the blues away!

1 comment:

roxie said...

Perfect, perfect, perfect. We need more comics like your daughter! She illuminates life!