Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Some Knitted Things

Okay okay okay...I borrowed shamelessly from EZ up there, but I have so very little in common with her that I figured I should capitalize on what I've got...

Because I'm usually at my computer at school, that's where I keep my list of the things I knit, crochet or (I haven't done this since the cave troll was born) quilt. This summer I decided to blog instead, and between the baby, the book, and the blog, I haven't accomplished quite as much in that area as usual, and I'm here asking myself, if a picture is really worth a thousand words, how many words do I need to write to make up for the things I haven't knit? Ouch...tough questions...

I'll be doing more school stories tomorrow--since Thursday is my first day back (by my choice--I have to get ready...decorate the room, remember what I teach and how to get medieval on their sorry 10th, 11th, & 12th grade assess--that sort of thing...that, and I need to spend a day sobbing because I'm deserting my tiny ones and it's best if I do that alone. No. Not really kidding.) But today I'm going to put up a couple of photos and wonder if a word= a stitch or if there's a whole other scale I'm overlooking...


This is a grown up hat I made for Bryar out of this yummy skacel mutant sheep fur (read: merino superwash hand dyed) I used a pattern that called for fingering weight for a kids hat and made one for my daughter's oversized noggin w/sportweight. The color's lost in the photo, more's the shame.
















These are the jaywalker socks that I made with Knit Picks yarn... again, for my oldest daughter... (spoiled. definitely spoiled.)















This is the cutest baby in the world at this moment, whom I have been breastfeeding all summer--haven't found a way to breastfeed and knit. I'm not sure there is one, and since this is our last child, I don't think I'll be the one to find it if there is.

















And my blogger just decided to stop uploading photos--I had some lace socks and a matching lace hat, the cave troll at rest under one of three baby blankets I made for MY baby, and I had the three blankets I made for other people's babies, and a couple of sweaters for Arwyn before she arrived and a couple of hats but, all in all, not as much as I usually acomplish in any given 5 month span...

What can I say? BOUND is almost done, and my heart is still going to break when I leave it all behind... I'm so lost as to what a fair trade off is I can't even fathom it... definitely more school stuff tomorrow.

1 comment:

roxie said...

Be brave. There are lots of other children who need your nurture as well. What a lovely summer you have had with your darlings. And now, it's time to realize that they will eventually grow up, go to college, join the navy, get married, move away from home and forget to call every week. Let go slowly, a little bit at a time. They will always be your babies.

You are a helluva knitter!